Re: [jgit-dev] [egit-dev] Code yielding exception under eclipse, but not if executed "barely"

On 22 Jan 2011, at 12:17, Jan Finis <finis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Am 21.01.2011 01:45, schrieb Shawn Pearce:
>> String version = System.getProperty("java.version");
>>
> Just checked it, both use C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6 which sounds up-to-date. So what could be the problem? Is there any way to avoid it?
>
> Since github also provides ssh access, I also tried:
>
> ssh://gexicide@xxxxxxxxxx/gexicide/testor.git
> (gexicide is my username)
>
> but it yielded:
> ssh://gexicide@xxxxxxxxxx/gexicide/testor.git: Auth fail (What could be the problem here?)
>
> and (as reminder), https yielded:
> https://gexicide@xxxxxxxxxx/gexicide/testor.git: cannot open git-upload-pack
>
> Note that both results are from the normal EGit push dialog, so it cannot be my code. But still, the normal jgit push command works, if not executed from eclipse but from a bare main method.

Is the code trying to instantiate a missing class to do authentication in the Eclipse case, which gets re-wrapped as an auth fail? JGit+main won't be in an OSGi runtime whereas EGit will be. This might suggest a missing import or access of a com.sun internal class which won't be visible.

Failing that, is it possible you are relying on eg public key auth and EGit is not finding the keys?

Alex

Back to the top