Re: [jgit-dev] jGit newbie question

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 22:03, KP Sundarbun <sundarbun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks Shawn for taking the time to help me out.
> (a) I don't mean to come across as entirely dense but I am unable to find a
> clone method in the 0.10.1 jar that I am referencing.
> I am able to get a CheckOutCommand.

Oh, sorry.  clone() is still being developed.  You can see a draft of
it here http://egit.eclipse.org/r/2053.  I guess you would need to do
most of the steps that the CloneCommand does, but do them yourself.

> (b) Also, I am missing something in the sample  at
> http://code.google.com/docreader/#p=egit&s=egit&t=JGitTutorialRepository

This is an old tutorial.  Its no longer relevant.

> To instantiate the Git object ...I had to subclass the
>  org.eclipse.jgit.lib.Repository object to create a valid repo...

You need to use a RepositoryBuilder, and invoke build() on it after
setting the relevant parameters.

--
Shawn.

Back to the top