[jgit-dev] Remote to remote transfer -- without a file system

I'm trying to find a way to push changes in a github repository to a heroku repository. For the purposes of this discussion they are remote git repos over which I have no control regarding setup etc.

Normally I would create a git repository and then add the github and heroku remotes. Then I could fetch from github and push to heroku. simple. Here's the tricky bit; I want to do this on a 3rd host that doesn't have access to a file system (god bless the cloud).

My current thinking is that I may be able to use jgit to pull from one remote and pipe this into a push without ever having creating a repository. I realise that I'm going to need to go fairly low level to do this. At this point I'm looking to see if

A - if there's any technical reason that makes it impossible?
B - pointers to get started with the jgit source

I haven't been able to find the source code on the eclipse jgit site so I'm currently using the version that's kept at http://github.com/spearce/jgit. This seems fairly up to date, is this the correct repo?

Thanks,
Olly

Back to the top