[jgit-dev] Question on WorkingTreeIterator.isEntryIgnored

Given an entry in .gitignore, e.g. folder1 and a TreeWalk on the working directory.
TreeWalk is on folder1. When I call WorkingTreeIterator.isEntryIgnored I get false as result.

It seems that isIgnored is only defined for files, right?
I need a way to find out if a folder is ignored. This is needed for decoration purposes in EGit.

Example
=======

.gitignore
Com/example/

Working directory

Com
        Example         <- decorated as ignored (no decoration)
                C1.java         <- decorated as ignored (no decoration)

When decorating the folder Example I need to find out if example if covered by the ignore specifications. How can I do this?

Back to the top