Re: [jgit-dev] Re: Gerrit offline for JGit rewrite

"Zivkov, Sasa" <sasa.zivkov@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> "Shawn O. Pearce" <spearce@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Oh.  Something else...
> >
> > When I insert the rewrite, inline comments are going to be screwed up.
> >  Inline comments are recorded by line numbers.  Most files have gained
> > 5+ lines in their file header.  Without knowing the delta of the
> > header for each file in every commit, we can't adjust the inline
> > comment information in the review database.
>
> Inline comments on my last pushed change (#315) have disappeared.
> In the patch set overview it is correctly reported how many inline comments there are
> for each file. However, If I open any of the files the inline comments are
> not shown.

Frell.

82 inline comments in 13 changes had their line numbers set to 0 when
I attempted to merge in the delta of the header impact.  Yesterday I
also pulled the brillant move of wiping the backup file.  Arrrrgh.

I've moved them all to line number 1, so they appear in the file, but
they are at the wrong spot.  Sorry.  Without digging through email
archives and manually matching up these 82 comments back to their
original line numbers, there's no way to reposition these accurately.

> In this particular case it is not a big issue since I could remember all of the Shawn's
> comments.

They are also available via email.  Check the notification that
Gerrit sent you when I commented on the change.

--
Shawn.

Back to the top