Re: [jgit-dev] JGit rewrite complete

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 05:43, Shawn O. Pearce <spearce@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The rewrite is complete.  Gerrit is back online for both projects.

If you had pending change(s) in JGit, please download the rewritten
version from Gerrit and use that to replace your local branch.

Just to clarify: we don't have to throw away our old repo's and clone again, or?

I will stay with my old repo, fetch the new remote master (and/or my pending
changes) and can continue working. I do have (as expected) the history duplicated
and I have to take care not to push stuff which based on old commits. When the
last local branch pointing to "old commits" vanishes I can expect that also
"gitk --all" don't show the old commits anymore, right?

Ciao
  Chris

Back to the top