Re: [jgit-dev] Re: Copyright/License Template for JGit

fredagen den 19 februari 2010 12.43.45 skrev  Matthias Sohn:
> 2010/2/17 Shawn O. Pearce <spearce@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> > Due to the history rewrite I'll also have to delete all current and
> > historical *JGit* changes out of our Gerrit Code Review database.
> > EGit changes will not be affected.  In theory I could try to patch
> > up the database onto the rewritten history, but line numbers will get
> > all screwed up due to the header change, so its just not worth it.
>
> Could we save the hitorical JGit reviews by regenerating all review mails
> (those Gerrit sends if you register to watch projects) into yet another
> mailing list "jgit-review" ?

This don't contain the references code. Can the old ones be retained,
referencing the old commits? For the unapplied patches we could use
the mail trail to reconstruct the most important comments. Gah, what
a mess, Shawn, do what you think is most reasonable.

This story probably deserved a blog entry somewhere for others to learn
from.

-- robin

Back to the top