Re: [jgit-dev] Git for Eclipse users

Hello,

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 10:21, Shawn O. Pearce <spearce@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Alex Blewitt <alex.blewitt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> There might be benefit in having a JGit wiki, to record things like how JGit works, what its known issues are with relation to CGit, how to embed it in different tools like Maven and NetBeans. We can, of course, link between the two, but since we've got separate projects/mailing lists/download areas, I think an extra JGit page/wiki is probably useful?
>
> +1.  JGit is basically a programmer's library.  We should be
> documenting how to use it, its feature set, etc.  Which is
> different from EGit plugin documentation.

Another +1 from me.

About a year ago I started to write a tutorial/crash course for using
JGit as part of my own efforts to use JGit in a NetBeans git plugin.
The "remains" are still in the old EGit (google code) project wiki. I
don't know if it makes sense to salvage some of it, probably not, but
I would very much like to see some kind of document providing best
practices.

--
Jonas Fonseca

Back to the top