Re: [jetty-users] jetty11 Connection.Listener#onClosed does not provide remote IP

Just analyzed this further and found that you should not rely on connection.getEndPoint().getRemoteSocketAddress() to return a non null value.

SockenChannelImpl#getRemoteAddress will throw a ClosedChannelException in case the Channel is not open anymore. This will be catched and converted to null in SocketChannelEndpoint#getRemoteSocketAddress (since jetty 10).

What helped us to find out about the problem is that that exception logging was added to AbstractConnection#onClosed. This is actually a good thing and everything seems fine on Jettys side!

So this was a flaw in our implementation. We need to maintain our own mapping from ip to Connections/Endpoints...

Best,
Matthias
Aug 17, 2022, 16:47 by jetty-users@xxxxxxxxxxx: