Re: [jetty-dev] servlet-api repackaging

On Mon, Apr 24, 2023 at 11:28 AM Simone Bordet <sbordet@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Based on my current knowledge of the Java Modules System, I'm not sure how to go about creating a reliable module configuration which includes both Jetty and 'jakarta.servlet'.

You cannot.

Thanks for clarifying.

> Would it be possible to rework Jetty's servlet API to depend on and require the standard API?
No, as the standard jar does not have module-info.class.

Well, it does have an automatic-module-name, doesn't that help? Or is this about the opens of resources perhaps, so you need to add the module descriptor?

To what Jetty version exactly?

11.0.15

Note that if you upgrade to Jetty 12, you can use the Jakarta jar.

Thanks, this is non-production code, so I'll go ahead and try that.

Cheers,
Eirik.

Back to the top