I'll try to reproduce the issue. Trying with simple examples seems to show the correct result. So there is something in my configuration. I'll try to do it in the next week or so and I'll open an issue if I think that's a bug.

Regards,

Boris

On 9/12/23 15:29, Jan Supol wrote:
Hi,
can share your tests?
Thanks
Jan

From: jersey-dev <jersey-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Boris Petrov via jersey-dev <jersey-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, September 10, 2023 11:00 AM
To: jersey-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx <jersey-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Boris Petrov <boris_petrov@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [External] : [jersey-dev] Question about GZIP encoding and Content-Length

Hi all,

I'm not sure how Jersey handles the Content-Length header when a
response is GZIP-compressed (via GZipEncoder for example). I see in my
tests that a Content-Length header is (sometimes) sent but it is
different from the actual body length. I believe that's not OK as the
two numbers should match. So can someone explain to me two things:

1) why is Content-Length sometimes sent and sometimes not? What does it
depend on?
2) why is Content-Length different from the actual body length when GZIP
encoding is used.

Thanks in advance,
Boris