I upgraded the Jersey library from 1.8 to 1.19.4. After that, the API classes were scanned successfully by Jersey library and it is working fine.

Regards,
Yogish

On Sat, 30 Jan 2021, 15:22 Jan Supol, <jan.supol@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,
what comes to my mind, Jersey 1.18 repackaged ASM 3, which was not able to handle JDK 8 properly. Perhaps you can try the latest Jersey 1.19.4 which repackaged ASM 5.0.3 if I remember correctly and it is JDK 8 compatible. I assume Tomcat 9 won't be JDK 7 compatible the way Tomcat 7 was.
Thanks,
Jan

From: jersey-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <jersey-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Yogish Anand <yogishanand@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, January 29, 2021 8:03 PM
To: jersey-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx <jersey-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [External] : [jersey-dev] Jersey libraries 1.18 worked with Tomcat 7 but failing with Tomcat 9 : Root resource classes not getting scanned

Hi,

We were using Tomcat 7 and the Jersey libraries 1.18 was able to scan the packages with the below two lines

com.sun.jersey.api.core.PackagesResourceConfig.init Scanning for root resource and provider classes in the packages:
    v1

com.sun.jersey.api.core.ScanningResourceConfig logClasses
    INFO: Root resource classes found:
    class v1.add

We migrated to Tomcat 9 (Note : We use the old server.xml which we used in Tomcat 7), we are getting only the below line but we don't get the message "Root resource classes found" and the REST API is failing

com.sun.jersey.api.core.PackagesResourceConfig.init Scanning for root resource and provider classes in the packages:
    v1

Please let me know how to troubleshoot and fix the issue?

Thanks,

Yogish