[jersey-dev] jersey client builder needs some love

Hi folks,

I have a need to create a jersey client that has the ability to do X.509 client authentication to the server, but doesn't care about trusting the server. This means I need to supply a keystore to the client builder, and I also need to supply a custom trust manager. AFAICT, there's no way to do this because the builder allows you to specify an SSLContext OR an SSLConfigurator, but not both. When you supply arguments that build one internally, the other gets set to null, so you can't actually do what needs to be done using the client builder.

To work around this, I had to subclass JerseyClient to expose the constructor I wanted to use. This seems fundamentally broken to me.

I'd like to see an enhancement to the builder that allows a bit more flexibility on how I get to create my secure clients.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
John Calcote
Hammerspace, Inc.