WebSphere RRA and J2C Team Lead
hunting@xxxxxxxxxx
Phone: (507)398-7830

Inactive hide details for arjan tijms ---05/29/2019 06:31:32 AM---Hi James, It was discussed in the issue, but still wondering.arjan tijms ---05/29/2019 06:31:32 AM---Hi James, It was discussed in the issue, but still wondering. Why according to you is

From: arjan tijms <arjan.tijms@xxxxxxxxx>
To: jca developer discussions <jca-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 05/29/2019 06:31 AM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [jca-dev] Name Vote
Sent by: jca-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi James,

It was discussed in the issue, but still wondering. Why according to you is JCA an architecture, but JPA is an API? And JSF and JMS are neither? Why are JASPIC and JACC not architectures?

Not trying to be clever here, but just like to make it clear why you think of all the Jakarta EE specs, JCA is one of the few to qualify to be called an architecture, while the other specs don't qualify to be called that? What's the difference?

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms