From: jca-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <jca-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Nathan Rauh <nathan.rauh@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 22 May 2019 6:56 PM
To: jca developer discussions
Subject: Re: [jca-dev] Name Vote

If I recall correctly, there was already a vote on Jakarta Connector Architecture vs Jakarta Connectors.  I haven't seen the results of it, but asking for a new vote because a JCA acronym is undesirable makes me suspect that the Jakarta Connector Architecture name may have won the vote.  I don't see this as a reason for a new vote.  As someone who voted for Jakarta Connector Architecture previously, I was voting for the name, not voting for the use of an acronym. The JCA acronym did not appear anywhere in the vote, and is not relevant to the results.  There is nothing about having that name that forces our spec to make use of JCA as an acronym.  I wouldn't expect a specification to want to make use of an acronym either.  On the contrary, I voted for that name because it makes it clear and obvious that the new spec is the evolution of the Java EE Connector Architecture, due to the similarity in their names, and because it's a good name that represents exactly what the spec is for.

So, for the new vote,
-1
and I'll suggest "Jakarta Connector Architecture" (no acronym)