Re: [jaxws-dev] PR to update Jakarta XML WS for 3.0 release HTML and pdf version

Hi

On 7/28/20 4:51 AM, Cesar Hernandez wrote:
Hi,

As part of the work that is going on on the https://github.com/jakartaee/specifications/ releases. I was assigned to review the PR for Jakarta Enterprise WS 2.0  [1]  and also for Jakarta XML WS 3.0 but I couldn't find an open PR for Jakarta XML WS 3.0.

an open PR for Jakarta XML WS 3.0 is/was not there since it has not been created, the reason being vacations during last week.

I don't know at this point if the PR for github.com/jakartaee/specifications/ <http://github.com/jakartaee/specifications/> should only be done by spec lead, but I created a draft PR  [0] that I hope will help, feel free to reply in the PR if I need to delete it or not: <https://github.com/jakartaee/specifications/pull/240>

it does not make much sense to me to create a PR without final binaries of the API available (enterprise ws has no APIs) as most of the stuff needed for the PR comes from or is related to binaries. I also prefer to have those "new" APIs at least briefly tested on the implementation side - and this takes time. Also note that there is a work on the spec doc being done this week.

The above draft PR has a PDF and an HTML spec version that I generated locally with the following PR to update Jakarta XML WS for 3.0 release HTML and pdf version:
https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jax-ws-api/pull/134/files

I based the work on a PR used for Jakarta Enterprise WS 2.0  [2]

This is not the best starting point as it is sort of a special case - this spec has no binary, no tcks, no javadoc; xml binding, soap, or even annotations would have been better ones to start with.

I couldn't perform the Javadoc update to complete [0], but as usual, this can be done in a separate PR.

It is better to include javadoc directly in the spec PR - create one PR instead of two, see ie https://github.com/jakartaee/specifications/pull/231

thanks,
--lukas

[0] https://github.com/jakartaee/specifications/pull/240