Re: [jaxb-impl-dev] Visibility of JNarrowedClass

Hi,

On 9/11/20 4:05 PM, Jeremy Custenborder wrote:
Hello All,

I have a project that uses the legacy codemodel to extend code
generated by XJC. I've been using reflection against JNarrowedClass to
access the basis and args fields. This is obviously not something I
should continue to do with the restrictions from JDK 9+. This got me
thinking, why isn't JNarrowedClass a public class? There would be some benefit
to other classes as well. Sorry if this is already answered someplace.
What is the process to propose a change like this?

Just create a PR with the change and a test and that's it. Make sure you have signed ECA and signed-off all your commits (more details about this at https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jaxb-ri/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md#eclipse-contributor-agreement )

thanks,
--lukas