[jaspic-dev] Running old-tck

I have made some good progress being able to run the new TCK tests against a VI and have all tests running and passing there but I am still hitting issues getting the old-tck tests to run.

>From what I can see looking at the build.xml in authentication-tck/bin within the config.vi target it is bypassing my vi build file and calling straight to the Glassfish configuration.  As I am not testing Glassfish this is leading to an error when running "ant config.vi".

When running with the platform TCK for the Jakarta Authentication / JASPIC tests it was normal to call "ant config.vi" followed by "ant enable.jaspic" in $TS_HOME/bin - these two ant targets would then delegate to our javaee_vi.xml to configure our server:

The problem I am seeing with old-tck from Jakarta Authentication 3.0.1 is that these now always call out to s1as.xml which configures Glassfish, specifically line 261:

https://github.com/jakartaee/authentication/blob/master/tck/old-tck/source/install/jaspic/bin/build.xml#L257-L263

It looks to me as if the "config.vi", "enable.jaspic", and "disable.jaspic" targets could benefit from an update to avoid bypassing the VI specific build xml?

One additional comment in those examples, the platform TCK assumes the file is called javaee_vi.xml whilst the Jakarta Authentiction old-tck assumes it is called config.vi.xml but this just appears to be a change in the file name in the past.

--

Darran Lofthouse

Red Hat

darran.lofthouse@xxxxxxxxx