Re: [january-dev] FW: January: Streams for slicing after lunch

Perhaps a little off-topic, but AFAIK 3.8.2 functions correctly with
Java 8, the problem is the BREE in the January manifest files? i.e.
you get errors like this:

!MESSAGE Missing required capability Require-Capability: osgi.ee;
filter="(&(osgi.ee=JavaSE)(version=1.8))".

If so, you can patch org.eclipse.osgi to include the 1.8 profile. If
you develop in newer eclipse that will allow you to target eclipse 3.8
and use bundles for Java 8. See this answer
http://stackoverflow.com/a/29717036/2796832 for more info.

(PS it makes me sad to launch old Eclipse because despite all the
other improvements in e4, 3.8 really feels faster)

YMMV but I HTH,
Jonah
~~~
Jonah Graham