Re: [january-dev] Januart Datasets and Java 8

On 10/26/2016 12:46 PM, Jonah Graham wrote:
Scott, can you add comment on Java 8 and Kura? AFAICT from mailing
list [1,2] it supports Java 8, but with some ignorable warning?

We are using Kura 2.0.0...i.e. the released version. With that version, the reason Kura 2.0.0 doesn't support 1.8 is that it uses an older version of Equinox (3.8.1) which didn't have support for j8 (because j8 didn't exist at that time 3.8 was released). My understanding is that the next release of Kura will have Equinox 3.11 which does indeed support j8 and all will be well for j8 support in Kura.

So although we are looking forward to moving to j8 after next Kura release, we are EE of 1.7 for now.

Scott

Back to the top