Re: [january-dev] Project January- Project Creation Review completed

Hi Jay,

Thanks for subscribing to january-dev. We currently have 3
subscribers. For now I will leave the current committers on the to
line, but if you guys get a chance you can now subscribe to the list
directly:

We don't have a release date yet. But we need to get everything in
place so that the Science 2016 release in October is achieved! However
I would like to have a pre-release/preview of this for EclipseCon
France in June. This will allow usefully concrete discussions at the
Unconference.

As for what needs to be done.

1) All the items identified at the meeting on 25 Feb:
https://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/science-iwg/msg01567.html
2) Rename the bundles and packages to be org.eclipse.january.*
3) git filter-branch the org.eclipse.january bundles so that history
is preserved.
- it may be easier to do 3 before 2 BTW -
4) Set up build mechanisms.

Jonah

~~~
Jonah Graham
Kichwa Coders Ltd.
www.kichwacoders.com

On 9 April 2016 at 14:04, Jay Jay Billings <jayjaybillings@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Jonah,
>
> I can help with this. What's the deadline for having this done?
>
> I'll write up some notes on the ICE and EAVP parts later.
>
> Jay
>
> On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 2:00 PM, Jonah Graham <jonah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Hi fellow Eclipse January committers,
>>
>> The Eclipse January project has passed its creation review.
>>
>> By now you should have received your New Committer Request Form. Please
>> ensure your paperwork is up to date.
>>
>> I will be starting work on namespaces and preparing the code for its
>> initial contribution.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Jonah
>>
>> ~~~