Re: [jakartaee-tck-dev] [External] : Re: Official Annotations 3.0.0 TCK?

On 3/18/24 11:11, Arjan Tijms wrote:
Hi

I did look at the Common Annotations TCK, and it’s basically only a signature test:
https://github.com/jakartaee/common-annotations-api/blob/master/tck/pom.xml

Though I have to say that this test class doesn’t look universal to me:
Would it not be easier if the runner pom just:

1. Downloaded the GlassFish distribution used for testing
2. Defined a property to point to the commons API jar file within the just downloaded GlassFish
3. Run the Signature test plugin with the previously generated sig file and the just defined property as input?

So is this a Maven pom or just a bash script that can be used instead of a TCK?

If ^ is a Maven Pom, a pull request would help if anyone wants to produce one?  I don't think anyone has time though to work on this new idea as I don't know *when* we will actually finish the Platform TCK work and now we are starting to thrash as a result on EE 11.

Maybe also clearer to the generation of the signature is a separate module, so that's clear this is not part of the TCK test, but something the project maintainers only do once? For that the project could perhaps just copy this one and adjust for the CA coordinates: https://github.com/jakartaee/faces/blob/4.1/tck/faces-signaturegen/pom.xml

I hope to get back to looking at improving the signature tests tooling soon in the area of better future proofing for Java SE signature changes (https://github.com/scottmarlow/jakartaee-tck-tools/tree/IgnoreJDKClass_part2).  I'm not sure of how much improvement we can make for EE 11.  Perhaps we might consider dev process changes around the Annotations Spec as it seems like a no-op to check the signature via more flexible ways.

Thanks,

Scott

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms