Re: [jakartaee-tck-dev] [External] : EE 10 release plan + TCK tasks...

On 9/14/21 2:24 AM, Gurunandan Rao wrote:
thanks Scott for putting together release plan + TCK tasks.

IMO we will have greater visibility on tasks(their ownership/progress), if we have github Project[https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-tck/projects] for Jakarta EE 10(similar to the one which was created for Jakarta EE 9 release).
Great suggestion Guru!  I started https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-tck/projects/4

Also we can have tracker issue at github for each of the item mentioned(linked to github Project)[issues will also help us in brainstorming, like we discussed during earlier release].

I added some initial issues reflected on https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-tck/projects/4

Regarding task #5 (add tests for SPEC API updates), where should the tracking issues be?  On the Platform TCK or the individual Spec API projects?

regards,
Guru

From: jakartaee-tck-dev <jakartaee-tck-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Scott Marlow <smarlow@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 14 September 2021 01:11
To: jakartaee-tck developer discussions <jakartaee-tck-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [External] : [jakartaee-tck-dev] EE 10 release plan + TCK tasks...

As per [1], the Platform TCK [2] needs to:

  1. Compile TCKs at the Java SE 11 level (Gurunandan Rao is working on this).
  2. TCKs need to validate each Spec API to ensure a properly configured and functional module-info.class is provided.  Volunteer(s) are needed to work on this.
  3. Jakarta Enterprise Beans tests that use entity beans (CMP and BMP) need to be be optional with unique keywords (or profiles).  Volunteer(s) are needed to work on this.
  4. Add/update documentation for how to add a test (using wiki or text file stored in source control).  Volunteer(s) are needed to work on this.
  5. Add tests for Spec API updates.  Volunteer(s) are needed to work on this.

While we started making changes for the Platform TCK refactoring [3], we are just 4 weeks away from needing to be able to promote Standalone TCKs for the first SPEC API ballots.  So, best if we address ^ items on the master branch [4].

Just as a follow up, I think a good time to rename our `master` TCK branch [4] will be after we have tagged EE 10 as complete.  So far the only suggestion is to rename to `main`.

Scott

[1] https://eclipse-ee4j.github.io/jakartaee-platform/jakartaee10/JakartaEE10ReleasePlan
[2] https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-tck
[3] https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-tck/tree/tckrefactor