[jakartaee-tck-dev] Finalizing the TCKs

Just curious -- what is the plan for finalizing the stand-alone TCKs? I understand there is still some work going on with them -- documentation, maybe exclude lists, etc. But at some point, they need to be finalized. Certainly once a specification goes to Ballot, that TCK will need to be frozen -- even if other TCKs from this project still need work.

Are the build systems set up to start curtailing the production of TCKs once the APIs go to ballot? Do we have any sense of the risk that a general problem might be found, as we close out Jakarta EE 9, that might force all the TCKs to be rebuilt after some of the ballots conclude?

As a reminder, these stand-alone TCKs are generated in this project (in wave sequence):

  • Wave 0 (Any time)
    • Concurrency
    • Messaging
    • Persistence