Re: [jakartaee-tck-dev] committers: The jakartaeetck-nightly-run-master job will now prompt for the tests to run

I’m not sure. I recognise the stack trace coming out of the deployment validator. In Payara, a few years back, we fixed bugs in this area whereby the server is attempting to validate JNDI resources during deployment that are not there yet as they haven’t been created yet in the deployment. I’m wondering whether the switch to auto-deployment is hitting those bugs. The system property switches off this resource validation which isn’t necessary.

Just a hunch.

Steve

From: jakartaee-tck-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <jakartaee-tck-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Scott Marlow
Sent: 01 July 2020 02:56
To: jakartaee-tck developer discussions <jakartaee-tck-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [jakartaee-tck-dev] committers: The jakartaeetck-nightly-run-master job will now prompt for the tests to run

On Tue, Jun 30, 2020 at 4:32 PM Steve Millidge (Payara) <steve.millidge@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Some of those mail session failures MAY be fixed by adding -Ddeployment.resource.validation=false To the GlassFish startup.

Any idea what the underlying cause is?

Could it be a problem with a dtd reference in the test, like

https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-tck/blob/master/src/com/sun/ts/tests/javamail/ee/getMessageContent/getMessageContent_appclient_vehicle_client.jar.sun-application-client.xml#L2

?

Back to the top