Re: [jakartaee-spec-project-leads] Issue with exceptions from javax.transaction referenced in JDK

I think these are required for CORBA. We are in the process of writing some CORBA code to cope with the issue see https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/orb/pull/104 but a wider discussion is welcome.

From: jakartaee-spec-project-leads-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <jakartaee-spec-project-leads-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Tom Jenkinson
Sent: 20 August 2020 10:25
To: jta developer discussions <jta-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: JakartaEE Spec Project Leadership discussions <jakartaee-spec-project-leads@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [jakartaee-spec-project-leads] Issue with exceptions from javax.transaction referenced in JDK

Hi,

I have found that there are some javax.transaction exceptions that are in JDK 8 and at least referred to later. They are also present in Oracle Java SE 8 javadocs. I am not sure what to do.

Although they don't appear to be in the Oracle Java SE 14 javadocs:

You can see they are in the Oracle Java SE 8 javadocs:

I can see that the source is present in OpenJDK 8:

I don't think the actual source remains on master for OpenJDK (at least in the main repo, maybe CORBA is held elsewhere?):

Given we support JDK 8 (https://jakarta.ee/resources/JakartaEE-Datasheet-July172020_final.pdf) I am not sure what to do.

Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions you can offer,

Tom

Back to the top