Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] [jakartaee-tck-dev] Next TCK call

On Mon, 11 Mar 2024 at 17:28, Brian Decker via jakartaee-platform-dev <jakartaee-platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I’m trying to make sure that the community is aware of the amount of work that will need to happen in the TCK to support this. There are thousands of non-EJB tests impacted by this, which I’m (slowly) trying to document in an issue -- https://github.com/jakartaee/platform-tck/issues/1250

Although the EJB 2.x APIs have been “optional” for many releases now, they have been de facto required for the platform because of all of the content that has been in the TCK up to this point.

I see. That's an enormous amount of technical debt we have there.

Maybe we should try to migrate as many as possible, then remove EJB 2.x and just comment out what fails then? I know it's not the most desirable thing to do, but at some point we have to make a choice given our limited amount of resources.

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms

Back to the top