Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] R: R: Should we consider rebasing Enterprise Beans Lite to a mapping/extension on top of CDI?

On Sat, 12 Aug 2023 at 21:07, Doyle, James, K via jakartaee-platform-dev <jakartaee-platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Other EJB-related features are useful to our applications also (declarative/annotated transactions, declarative/annotated security, lifecycle management and pooling, tuning parameters like timeouts).

Declarative/annotated transactions can be done via Jakarta Transactions.

Declarative/annotated security can be done (partially will be done) by Jakarta Security.

Lifecycle management is done by CDI.

Pooling is something we've yet to add to a Jakarta API. We've prototyped a CDI compatible scope for it here: https://github.com/omnifaces/omniservices

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms