Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] [DISCUSS] Include Jakarta Data in EE 11

Hi all,

> On 13. Jul 2023, at 05:09, Edward Burns via jakartaee-platform-dev <jakartaee-platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Nathan Rauh wrote: … Over-generalized statements that the specification lacks maturity are not particularly helpful and are somewhat confusing given that the established products (Spring Data and Micronaut) are expected to become implementations of Jakarta Data. It would be much more helpful to know exactly what from Spring Data and Micronaut that the Jakarta Data spec hasn't already standardized that you would like to see included.

the expectation of Spring Data ending up implementing the standard is unfounded. we (the Spring Data team) and also Graeme of Micronaut have repeatedly expressed concerns [0, 1] regarding the spec going far beyond what's currently established introducing new features that have no basis in real-world user needs or are at least not validated in an implementation.

In other words: the problem we see is not the lack of features but the scope already exceeding what's been established in the industry. This would add more complexity to our projects with no apparent benefits. Given the current state of affairs there are no plans for Spring Data to implement the specification.

Cheers,
Ollie

[0] https://github.com/jakartaee/data/issues/94#issuecomment-1416864983
[1] https://github.com/jakartaee/data/issues/109#issuecomment-1380230020