Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Retire EJB-Lite from web profile?

Hi,

As it's probably a decade long effort to actually prune it in every way, it might be a good idea to start the process now.

It's perhaps a little like the Entity Beans and the EJB 2.x API group, as well as Corba and aspects of remote EJB, of which the process started around 2009. 13 years later, even just a few days ago, TCKs are still being adjusted for this.

GlassFish would likely not ship EJB-Lite if it was removed (as GF has historically never shipped a Web profile plus), and Piranha would likely not include EJB-lite in a web profile distribution (though may still provide EJB-Lite features in other distributions, some of which are dynamic (on demand loading of features).

More importantly, I think, is the signal that EJB (lite) is a stable technology intended for legacy workloads, and not so much for any new code.

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms