Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] XML schema updates

> Connectors 2.1 is not modifying the deployment descriptor for connectors however the 2.0 XSD https://jakarta.ee/xml/ns/jakartaee/connector_2_0.xsd references as an include jakartaee_9.xsd. I am assuming therefore I need to create a Connectors 2.1 xsd? If so can anybody remind me where these files live in GitHub?

I wouldn’t have thought this “include” would be the reason to force the creation of a newer XSD version.

On the other hand, is there a general rule/policy that says a spec that defines XSD / schema needs to provide a matching version (attribute within the spec plus filename) even if there have been no changes from earlier versions?     I could see pros/cons either way, but has the decision already been made somewhere?

Thanks,
Scott Kurz

Back to the top