Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Publishing Question Regarding POMs

Hi,

On 31.01.22 15:44, Volodymyr Siedlecki wrote:
Can we publish an artifact if the included pom.xml relies on an internal (i.e. not published) dependency?  For instance, If someone tried to build this component from the source jar (by relying on the META-INF/maven.org.glassfish.web.jakarta.servlet.jsp.jstl/pom.xml), is it okay if a dependency fails to resolve?

For some context: our next JSTL release will be built using our local version TLDDoc  (the last published version, 1.3, is incompatible with the jakarta namespaces). As we update TLDoc in our jstl-api project, the question is whether we should also publish our version or not. TLDDoc is used solely for generating TLD documentation (hence the dependency).

The TLDDoc Code Port issue for reference: https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jstl-api/issues/195 <https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jstl-api/issues/195>

Appreciate any help here.

If I understand the context correctly, TLDDoc was part of Java EE. Therefore, it's now part of Jakarta EE.

So what you've been working on isn't a "local" or "internal" version but the next release of TLDDoc. Therefore, it ought to be public.

Kind regards,

Erik Brangs

Back to the top