Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] [External] : Re: Jakarta TCK package naming convention

FWIW I just did a test with an IDE and for the Jakarta REST TCK it was pretty simple. https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jaxrs-api/pull/1082

On Tue, Jan 11, 2022 at 10:51 AM Scott Marlow <smarlow@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 1/11/22 1:04 PM, Scott Stark wrote:
The issue for EE10 is if TCKs are delivering application deployments under the jakarta.* package namespace, which implementation will challenge this as invalid?

Historically (Jakarta EE 9 and earlier), tck deployments were under a vendor specific package namespace, com.sun.*, org.jboss.*, etc.

The short term issue is whether the use of jakarta.* package deployments is going to cause problems with getting sufficient compatible implementations certified.

https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jaxrs-api/issues/1081 asks for input on the schedule impact of changing the new RESTful Web Services TCK tests from jakarta package to something that doesn't start with the jakarta package.

I'm curious what the schedule impact would be for the new JSON Binding + JSON Processing TCKs to not use the jakarta package name in test classes?

Scott