[jakartaee-platform-dev] JPMS requirements discussion

The "We need to define the JPMS strategy for EE10 and beyond" issue:
https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-platform/issues/329

Has a number of comments. My takeaway from the thread is that we need to focus on:
  1. Do we required that specification API jars provide a module-info.class description?
  2. If yes, what are the requirements for the module-info.class description?

There are additional discussions in the thread about whether multi-release jars could be produced and whether EE applications could be composed by defining a single application module-info description. I don't see these as in scope for EE10, but feel free to object.

Is the https://wiki.eclipse.org/JakartaEE_Maven_Versioning_Rules the agreed upon naming and versioning conventions that answers the open https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-platform/issues/174 issue?

Back to the top