Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Jakarta EE 9, Web Profile and XML Web Services

We will have to discuss this on the specification meeting this week. Since the release plan says JAXWS has moved from the Java SE 8 to the platform:

I would argue that only APIs that should be tested are the jakarta.xml.ws.* versions. Since these are not part of the web profile these tests need to be excluded from it, and updated for the full platform.

On Tue, Sep 1, 2020 at 10:27 AM Lukas Jungmann <lukas.jungmann@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 9/1/20 5:06 PM, Scott Marlow wrote:
> The Platform TCK does contain optional tests that use
> jakarta.xml.ws.WebServiceRef.
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-tck/blob/master/src/com/sun/ts/lib/harness/keyword.properties*L240__;Iw!!GqivPVa7Brio!PezSul_gx5eKlC0Pbqv33MzE2W3q_m9cI3QgR5uPrFeKlN1SgCXoRpDFFb6L8RPp67M$
> is an example of keywords that opt into some of these tests:
>
> webservices javaee jaxws_web_profile javaee_web_profile_optional

I believe that `jaxws_web_profile` in this context is there to test the
interactions of web-profile with JAXWS APIs/implementation coming from
JDK; in the other words these tests should not be changing
javax.xml.{bind,soap,ws,...}->jakarta.xml.{bind,soap,ws,...}, since
nobody is removing javax.xml.{bind,soap,ws,...} packages from SE 8 which
is the base now and the requirement to support all APIs available in
Java SE 8 is there in EE 9 as well. But I may be wrong...

thanks,
--lukas

Back to the top