Thanks Steve! It seems we need to update some of the version numbers of the API projects then for x.x.x.

Kind regards,
Arjan

On Tue, Jan 14, 2020 at 1:40 PM Steve Millidge (Payara) <steve.millidge@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

There’s a little bit about versioning in the release plan here https://eclipse-ee4j.github.io/jakartaee-platform/jakartaee9/JakartaEE9ReleasePlan

Essentially x.x at the specification level,  x.x.x at the jar level.

Steve

From: jakartaee-platform-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <jakartaee-platform-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of arjan tijms
Sent: 14 January 2020 11:26
To: jakartaee-platform developer discussions <jakartaee-platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Setting API jars to x.0.0?

Hi,

A discussion came up here regarding the .0 version of the API jars: https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jms-api/pull/253

Jonathan set the version of the JMS API to 3.0-SNAPSHOT:

Given the main Jakarta EE artefact which is at 8.0.0 I wondered whether that should not have been 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT.  Bill seemed to confirm that:

Other specs like e.g. Servet have used x.0 as well, see https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/servlet-api/blob/master/pom.xml#L32

So might be good to get this clarified so we can have consistent version numbers throughout all the EE specs.

Kind regards,

Arjan Tijms