Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] VOTE: Specifications to Prune in Jakarta EE 9

On Nov 17, 2019, at 8:56 AM, Steve Millidge (Payara) <steve.millidge@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

See previous email for context.

What is the title?

The following specifications will be *removed* from Jakarta EE 9 Full profile specification.

- Jakarta Enterprise Bean entity beans – Note this is old style CMP and BMP entity beans NOT JPA Entities

- Jakarta Enterprise Bean 2.x and 1.x client view

I have concerns about these two specifically as we still have a great deal of people using them in applications that are actively developed.

 - Would including these implementations in a Jakarta EE 9 cause the signature tests to fail?
 - How would we handle the complexity of renaming only *some* of javax.ejb to jakarta.ejb?

-David

Back to the top