[jakartabatch-dev] Batch 2.1 release plan update

Having passed our target date of 12/1 for the 2.1 release review, let me run through the project status and try to set a new target.

So to complete Batch 2.1 we have to complete:

1. CDI integration

 I think we're getting close.  I have each of a spec/api, tck, and jbatch CI branch active and still have some comments to address.  The TCK coverage is somewhat bare bones... could use more (as always).

2. TCK refactor to standalone Maven

  - move Arq extension, runner into batch-tck
  - add EJB wrapper around Arq tests (Ondro volunteered for this, thank you)
  - Signature Test - resolve issues with & migrate to sigtest-maven-plugin https://www.eclipse.org/lists/jakartaee-tck-dev/msg01439.html
  - redo doc to describe Maven execution

3. Misc
  - add module-info, bump up to Java 11
  - Execute TCK against jbatch and capture and writeup results
  - Update release review PR  (I started a draft at: https://github.com/jakartaee/specifications/pull/438)

4. Anything else
  - We're out of time for anything requiring much discussion.   Most likely we are out of time for API changes.  But some of the issues still are fairly straightforward and not requiring API updates.   If anyone still wants to try to get the spec/TCK updated I can work with you to try to get jbatch implemented.

So if we absolutely had to be done this month we might still be able to pull it together.    E.g. maybe give up on sigtest-maven-plugin and wrap our older version of SigTest instead.

Given the talk of moving EE 10 into more like 2Q22, however, and also the holidays coming up, I suggest we re-target for Jan. 20.. to give some time in January to pick this back up again.

Finally.. let me say if someone is looking to help I can break it down further.   I have some changes piled up in private branches still (I could merge if it'd help)
https://github.com/scottkurz/batch-tck/tree/cdi-tests
https://github.com/scottkurz/batch-api/tree/non-string-batch-props
Adding more TCK coverage would generally be the most helpful area of focus IMO.

Thoughts?
Scott Kurz
WebSphere / Open Liberty Batch and Developer Experience
skurz@xxxxxxxxxx