Re: [jakarta.ee-wg] Use of Jakarta EE in EE4J project names

On 2018-03-28 11:49 AM, Ivar Grimstad wrote:
The EE4J PMC seeks advice from the Jakarta EE WG regarding use of Jakarta EE in project names.

We are unsure if it is a good or bad thing that the Jakarta EE name ripples down to the EE4J projects and we want to avoid any confusion regarding the use of the name.

The project that brought up this discussion is the project containing the TCKs for the "platform". One suggestion is to call it "Eclipse Project for Jakarta EE TCKs". An alternative is "Eclipse Project for Enterprise TCKs".

Here's my 2 cents worth....

I don't think that we know enough yet about how we want to use the Jakarta names for projects under EE4J. So I would not want to make any sweeping generalizations. However, in this particular case, I would lean towards calling it "Eclipse Project for Enterprise TCKs". The reasons being is that the TCKs do not become Jakarta TCKs until they are adopted by the working group. We do not want imply that running the open source TCKs would allow use of the Jakarta EE brand.

Does that make sense?

--
Mike Milinkovich
mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx