Re: [iot-wg] Eclipse IoT instant messaging survey

  1. Do you think the Eclipse IoT community should start using an instant messaging platform?

Yes!

  1. Which instant messaging platforms should we consider? Why?

Slack. Seems to be most popular (besides MS Teams), just works an all platforms and is great for collaboration. Is also free for up to 10k messages if that's a criterion.

  1. How should we leverage an eventual instant messaging platform? For example, should we create channels for our projects? Should non-members be able to access it or not?

It is certainly worthwhile having channels for projects and collaborations. I see benefit in allowing people creating on-demand channels when needed (e.g. for dev discussions or for collaboration purposes inside the WG)

-Dominik