[iot-pmc] Eclipse Hono 0.5-M2 released

Hi,

today we have created milestone 2 of the Eclipse Hono project.

Hono aims at providing uniform (remote) service interfaces for connecting large
numbers of IoT devices to a (cloud) back end. It will specifically support
scalable and secure data ingestion (telemetry data) as well as command & control
type message exchange patterns and provide interfaces for provisioning & managing
device identity and access control rules.

This milestone includes the following:

- An HTTP protocol adapter exposing Hono's Telemetry and Registration endpoints
via a RESTful API.
- A preliminary MQTT protocol adapter exposing Hono's Telemetry endpoint by means
of a topic to publish data to.
- Routing of Telemetry data to downstream consumers via AMQP 1.0.

We are planning to do additional milestones every 3-4 weeks. We anticipate to do
a first release (0.5) in January 2017.

The artifacts are available from Eclipse Repo [1] and (later during the day) from
Maven Central [2].

However, the easiest and also the preferred way of using Hono is by means of
Docker images available from Docker Hub [3].

If you want to give it a try, follow the Getting Started guide on Hono's GitHub
page [4].

[1] https://repo.eclipse.org/content/groups/hono/
[2] http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cga%7C1%7Chono
[3] https://hub.docker.com/u/eclipsehono/
[4] https://github.com/eclipse/hono

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Kai Hudalla
Chief Software Architect

Bosch Software Innovations GmbH
Schöneberger Ufer 89-91
10785 Berlin
GERMANY
www.bosch-si.com

Registered office: Berlin, Register court: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg,
HRB 148411 B;
Executives: Dr.-Ing. Rainer Kallenbach, Michael Hahn

Back to the top