Re: [iot-pmc] Reminder to approve committer vote for Claudio Mezzasalma

Many thanks, Kai!

wt., 25.10.2016 o 01:02 użytkownik Kai Kreuzer <kai@xxxxxxxxxxx> napisał:
Hi Henryk,

Thanks for these infos, I am fine with giving a +1, since it sounds as if Claudio was rather forgotten in the list of initial committers and so we can regard this as a correction.

I’d nonetheless like to add that in general "to make it easy for him to continue contributing“ should not be a reason to make someone a committer; accepting contributions can be done by any existing committer on the project.
Imho a committer should rather be seen as a guardian of the project code base and be someone, who actively reviews the code from others and helps processing contributions. But different projects might treat this differently of course.

@PMC colleagues: Anything to add?

Best regards,
Kai