[iot-pmc] Using unreleased 3rd party project

Dear PMC members,

in the Hono project we are considering to use the vertx-proton module which provides a framework for implementing AMQP 1.0 containers [1]. The module is still in development but looks very promising to us  so we would like to start using it and see how we fare.

Because the project has not created a release of the module yet I cannot (yet) create a proper CQ for it from my point of view. What I can imagine though is to create a CQ based on a SNAPSHOT of the module's source code to get us going and later create a new CQ when the project has created a milestone or full release.

What is the proper way of proceeding here?

[1] https://github.com/vert-x3/vertx-proton

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Kai Hudalla

Chief Software Architect

Bosch Software Innovations GmbH
Schöneberger Ufer 89-91
10785 Berlin
GERMANY
www.bosch-si.com

Registered office: Berlin, Register court: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 148411 B;
Executives: Dr.-Ing. Rainer Kallenbach, Michael Hahn

Back to the top