Re: [incubation] JSON library questions

Why not use a JSON Standard like JSON-P? It’ll be required by other Eclipse Projects like MicroProfile, too 😉

Werner

From: wayne beaton
Sent: Tuesday, May 16, 2017 20:44
To: Discussions for new Eclipse projects
Subject: Re: [incubation] JSON library questions

It's probably better to just avoid that library altogether. Our IP Team contacted the author some time ago to get a special license for Eclipse projects to use a specific version, but we don't feel that that license applies to subsequent versions. FWIW, the JSON license is problematic for other consumers (the EF isn't alone in having a problem with it). That you can't keep up-to-date with patches is going to be a long term problem. Have you considered adopting an alternative?

This library is already available in bundle form in an old drop of Orbit (I see it in a 2012 build [1]). Can you pull the bundle from there?

Wayne