Re: [ide-dev] Eclipse IDE popularity: Snyk report vs download stats

Yes, I agree Snyk has a clear bias towards IntelliJ, and not everyone will notice, or care. I doubt that half of Java developers are using the paid version of IDEA and I'm pretty sure I've seen IntelliJ numbers recently that shows that this percentage is much lower.

That said maybe the Eclipse Foundation should do its own poll and try to make it as representative as possible?

Best regards,
Torkild

> 6. feb. 2020 kl. 13:52 skrev Stephan Herrmann <stephan.herrmann@xxxxxxxxx>:
>
> I just found this in their report:
>
> "Using the IntelliJ IDEA Snyk plugin, you can ..."
>
> Do you see any reason why Snyk should try hard to get a sample *without* a bias towards IntelliJ?
>
> OK, they seem to have an Eclipse plug-in, too, but they don't even advertise it on https://snyk.io/product/ - only VSCode and IntelliJ.
>
> Of course not everybody will notice this and draw corresponding conclusions.
> <shrug>
>
> Stephan
[snip]