Re: [ide-dev] Eclipse IDE in the brower

On Sat, Oct 19, 2019 at 12:27 AM Max Rydahl Andersen <manderse@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> To demo this, the Eclipse IDE is available as an editor in Che 7, that
> you can try on [che.openshift.io](<http://che.openshift.io>) for
> instance. You can tweak a Che workspace and configure the editor to be
> Eclipse IDE instead of Theia and remove a few other che plugins like
> jdt-ls which becomes irrelevant for Eclipse IDE. This will use the
> Docker image mentioned above, will start the Eclipse IDE as editor in
> Che, so you can show the same features and tell users "sure, Eclipse
> IDE/Che can do that".

Do you have instructions on how to do this ? I couldn't spot it there. I
assume it require a custom devfile with a different tool stack or how ?

che plugin description is in https://github.com/eclipse/che-plugin-registry/blob/d9998222c284d40ae0d2e1661452c1bcd5e4fddb/v3/plugins/ws-skeleton/eclipseide/latest/meta.yaml
See attached screenshot for usage in Che via workspace configuration UI. I imagine it's also configurable from devfile, but I didn't try.
--
Mickael Istria