Re: [ide-dev] Auto-configuring projects when opening editors

Using #configure sounds interesting but that lives in the core layer. But to correctly set up e.g. a Java project you need input from the user.

> I believe the diversity of possible actions makes it almost impossible to find a generic solution to this problem that can cover all legacy and future stories.
+1

Dani

From:        Ed Willink <ed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:        ide-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date:        10.01.2018 10:50
Subject:        Re: [ide-dev] Auto-configuring projects when opening editors
Sent by:        ide-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Mickael
Indeed and all those diverse actions can be orchestrated by the XXXNature.configure() which currently has to be 100% cloned; an AbstractProjectNatue could offer standard functionality. If XXXNature.configure() neglects to invoke project.setDescription(), no XXX nature would actually be added leaving XXXNature.configure() as a transient tool for some irregular form of configuration.
    Regards
        Ed Willink