Re: [ide-dev] IDE @ EclipseCon Europe Unconference

On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 4:51 PM, Jonah Graham <jonah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I too am interested in the IDE discussions, especially the future of
Debug and how leverage debug adapters (similar to language servers,
but for debug).

Hi Jonah,
On this topic, the goal would be to have this discussion with other representative of the tools area (other IDEs and so on). Note that VSCode already has a tentative language/tool-agnostic debug adapter that is likely to be a good thing to reuse, just like the LSP.
This https://github.com/Microsoft/language-server-protocol/issues/266#issuecomment-315068565 contains the necessary links, and the team behind it seems open to answer Q&A on their repo to get started.
To me, it's the way forward and we don't need more brainstorming to get started.

It's in our (Red Hat) vision to work on it, although this is not something properly planned yet, nor something we've gone deep enough into to provide an estimation of the feasibility or effort.
If someone wants to get started on this topic, we'd be glad to join the effort as much as we can.

Cheers,

Back to the top