Re: [ide-dev] Code editors in the Eclipse (IDE)

I think we could develop a language server as a black box, so that from an external point of view behaves like a default Eclipse editor. To do this, we just need a proper interface.

Inline image 4

After the implementation is stable (LightWeightEditor - LSProtocol - LServer) , the black box is equivalent to any Eclipse Text Editor. Then we could easily swap the default editor. with the new one.

Also XML editors could be a good start, as the syntax is simple and it is easy to find long files, to have though tests for the syntax highlighter.

Kind Regards,

Patrik Suzzi
Software
Engineer, Eclipse