Re: [ide-dev] A new survey

On 11/02/2015 10:27 PM, Marcel Bruch wrote:

There is a instance, a configuration and a default scope. Why is there no *user scope* which stores preferences like spell checker enablement in the user’s home folder instead into the workspace or eclipse installation folder?
Saving some preferences in user scope instead of the workspace scope will certainly require some changes to the existing UI. But it seems legit to ask why it’s not there...

Oomph provides a similar concept as user scope with the preference recorder. If I understood correctly, InstanceScope preference changes get recorded in the ~/.eclipse folder, and other applications can consume this ~/.eclipse folder to "initialize" their instance scope.
I guess this can easily be disabled for RCP products. If so, isn't this issue already solved?
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat

Back to the top